All recipe posts are written by our co-founder Jennifer J. Yoo unless otherwise noted.
Our friend Chef Seung Hee Lee recently posted a photo of an avocado toast she tweaked by adding strawberry gochujang. I have since been wanting to try it out ourselves and finally got the chance today. I honestly would have never come up with this combination ourselves so, thank you Seung for the inspiration! The gochujang adds a little bit of kick and sweetness and just goes so well with the smooth avocado. What's more, this takes about 5 minutes to put together. I am a huge fan of avocado and perilla oil combination so recommend you try it out, but you can substitute it with your favorite olive oil.
TIME 5 minutes
SERVES 1 person
- 1/2 Avocado
- Slices of Sourdough, english muffin or your favorite bread, toasted
- 2 teaspoons Strawberry Gochujang
- Small handful of Cilantro (optional)
- Infrared-roasted perilla oil, to be drizzled (optional)
- Blanch broccoli for couple of minutes, then rinse under cold water and set aside. Put oyster sauce and ganso in a bowl and set aside.
- Toast the bread
- Slice the avocado
- Add a generous smear of strawberry gochujang
- Place avocado slices on top along with some cilantro leaves
- Season with salt and pepper and finish by drizzling perilla oil
© 2019, Gotham Grove