All recipe posts are written by our co-founder Jennifer J. Yoo unless otherwise noted.
TIME 20 minutes
- 500g mixed peppers, cut into 1-2" rings*
- 6-8 cloves of garlic, smashed
- Dried red chiles, couple pinches
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 1/2 cup raw turbinado sugar
- 1 1/2 cup brown rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons kosher or sea salt
*We used a mix of jalapeños, habaneros and ghost peppers for our pickle which make this pickle quite spicy. To turn the spice level down, you can either just use jalapeños or do a mix of jalapeños with serrano peppers or habaneros.
- Rinse, then chop peppers into generous sized, one to two inches, rings. Depending on the size of the pepper, some may only need to be halved. Smash the garlic cloves with the side of your knife or pan.
- Combine all ingredients, except peppers, into a pot and bring it to a boil.
- Turn heat off, add peppers. Let cool for about 15 minutes.
- Add into a sanitized jar. Keep in fridge.
© 2019, Gotham Grove