All recipe posts are written by our co-founder Jennifer J. Yoo unless otherwise noted.
TIME 20 minutes
- 150g garlic chives, cut into about 3" pieces
- 1 medium sized onion, about 100g, thinly sliced
- 1 medium or 2 small sized carrots, cut into about 3" in length then into thin slices
- 1 serrano or 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup vegetable or dashi stock*
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon infrared roasted sesame oil**
- 1 tablespoon ganjang soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown rice vinegar
*Start with 3/4 cup stock then add more if necessary. You want to achieve a pancake batter like consistency.
**You add a bit of sriracha or chili flakes into the sesame oil should you prefer heat.
- Rinse the vegetables and cut into thin slices, about 3" in length. The thinner the strips, the quicker it will cook when in a pancake format. Finely dice the japaleno or serrano pepper.
- In a bowl, add flour and then stock. Start with 3/4 cup of stock and add more if necessary. We are looking for a loose pancake batter consistency. Add vegetables in and the teaspoon of salt. If you want to forego the dipping sauce you can add more salt into the batter.
- Cook pancakes in medium heat, flipping once. Serve immediately alongside dipping sauce.
© 2019, Gotham Grove