All recipe posts are written by our co-founder Jennifer J. Yoo unless otherwise noted.
TIME 5 minutes
- 1 lb/500g broccoli
- 2 teaspoons infrared roasted sesame oil*
- 2 tablespoons infrared roasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
*Our infrared roasted sesame oil has a clean nutty tasting flavor. If using conventional sesame oil, you may find the flavor to be very strong. If that is the case, blend your sesame oil with a non-fragrant grape seed, canola, vegetable, or avocado oil.
- Cut the broccoli into pieces (maybe a bite or two), including the softer part of the stem. You can keep the tough part of the stem to make a vegetable stock.
- Blanch the broccoli for about 2-3 minutes. You want a vibrant green color, with still a bite.
- In a mixing bowl, add broccoli and the rest of the ingredients. Serve warm, room temperature or chilled as a side dish.
© 2019, Gotham Grove