Original recipe provided by our partner Badasoop.
Also called Bean sprout (young, sprouted mung beans) 'Muchim', lightly cooked then seasoned bean sprouts is a popular side dish all over Korea. You may have come across a variety of this dish as a banchan(side dish) at a Korean BBQ restaurant or topped in a Bibimbap. We are excited to try this version with gamtae and vinegar shared by our partner Badasoop.
TIME 10 minutes
- 200g bean sprouts (also known as mung beans)
- 1/3 medium sized carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 sheets of unseasoned roasted gamtae
- 1 teaspoon of infrared roasted sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons raw turbinado sugar
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- Wash bean sprouts and cut carrots into thin slices. The thinner the better.
- Meanwhile soak gamtae in room temperature water while you prep the dressing.
- Mix all dressing ingredients into a bowl. You may want to warm the vinegar slightly to make sure the sugar will fully dissolve.
- Drain gamtae thoroughly and add into the dressing bowl along with bean sprouts and carrots.
- Toss well and serve with sesame seeds on top.
© 2019, Gotham Grove