Original recipe provided by our partner Badasoop.
Not surprisingly, Gamtae's bright sea flavor goes so well with fresh cucumbers, cilantro and perilla oil. We love this salad on its own as a snack or served alongside sushi.
TIME 15 minutes
- 2 cucumbers or 1 long cucumber
- 15g of ginger, minced
- Handful of cilantro, chopped
- 1 sheet of unseasoned roasted gamtae
- 2 tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons infrared roasted perilla oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 teaspoon raw turbinado sugar
- Slice cucumbers into about 1/2" pieces. Cutting them in a slight diagonal will give each piece a larger open surface area to absorb the dressing. Set aside in a bowl and sprinkle salt. This will help remove excess moisture from the cucumbers. Let it rest for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile soak the sliced ginger in water to remove some of the spicy flavor. Roughly chop cilantro and set aside.
- Mix all dressing ingredients in a bowl.
- Rinse the cucumbers in water and drain well. Drain water from ginger.
- Put cucumber, ginger, gamtae and dressing in a bowl and toss gently. Top with cilantro to taste.
© 2019, Gotham Grove