Original recipe provided by our partner Hanega.
This sweet and spicy pork barbecue, recipe courtesy of our partner Hanega, is perfect for cold weather. Serve it alongside an array of lettuce and perilla leaves to have it as a ssam(wrap), or top it on rice - with a fried egg! - for a donburi style. We found this marinade to work very well with chicken thighs as well.
TIME 30 minutes
- 400g pork belly
- 4 tablespoons Aged Vinegar Gochujang
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon raw turbinado sugar
- 1 tablespoon ganjang soy sauce or 3year aged ganjang
- 1 tablespoon Ginkgo HYO 5 year aged vinegar*
- 1 tablespoon infrared roasted sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add all ingredients in a bowl, blend well.
- Add pork into the bowl and mix well, making sure all surface area is coated with sauce.
- You can pan fry the pork pieces, make sure is not too high so as not to burn the sauce. You can also cook in 350°F for about 20-25 minutes. Serve immediately.
© 2019, Gotham Grove