All recipe posts are written by our co-founder Jennifer J. Yoo unless otherwise noted.
My husband put this dish together for dinner with friends and wow - I never thought to use ssamjang this way! The funkiness from ssamjang is perfect with the sweet flavor of the ganso seasoned soy sauce. Other than time spent resting or marinading, it's quick and easy to put it together.
TIME Prep time10 mins + marinade time least 1 hr + roasting time15-20 mins
SERVES 6 people
- About 3 1/2 lbs pork tenderloin
4 tablespoon ssamjang
2-3 tablespoon olive oil*
1/2 teaspoon thyme, leaves only
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- one 70ml bottle ganso seasoned soy sauce**
** You can substitute with teriyaki sauce
- Add ssamjang, olive oil, thyme leaves and black pepper in a bowl. Rub it all over the tenderloin and wrap it tightly with plastic wrap or equivalent. Keep in fridge for at least 1 hour up to 3 hours.
- Set oven temperature to 400F. Meanwhile, sear the outside of the tenderloin in a heated pan(drizzled with oil).
- Set tenderloin on a roasting pan. Roast for about 15-20 minutes until internal temperature reads 140F. The internal temperature of the meat will increase as its resting (up to 10 degrees) - rest for 10 minutes. As it is resting drizzle the ganso soy sauce, ensuring that the sauce covers all surface area. Slice and serve.
© 2019, Gotham Grove