Original recipe provided by our partner Badasoop.
This is our version of the popular 'Tamagoyaki', which is essentially an omelette. The egg roll can be a perfect side dish for any meal or will be a great snack or lunch on its own.
TIME 20 minutes
- 5 eggs
- 2 shiitake mushrooms
- 1/4 onion
- 1/4 carrot
- 1 sheet of seasoned roasted gamtae*
- Beat eggs and run it through a fine mesh strainer. Add a pinch of salt.
- Chop the mushrooms, onions and carrots into fine pieces. The smaller they are, the quicker they will cook.
- Add the chopped vegetables into the egg mixture and mix well.
- Add oil over a heated pan (heat should be low to medium). Gently pour the egg mixture and cook until it's about half way done. Place strip of gamtae on top. Using chopsticks or a spatula, roll the egg halfway from the right to the middle of the pan. Then push the rolled up part of the egg to the edge of the pan.
© 2019, Gotham Grove