PREP TIME Overnight
TIME 15 minutes
FOR THE CUCUMBER CURE
- 1 english cucumber
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp white sugar
FOR THE VINAIGRETTE
- 4 Tbsp Hanega Maesil Plum Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Infrared-Roasted Perilla Oil
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp lemon curd
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Zest from 1/2 lemon
FOR THE SALAD
- Infrared-Roasted Perilla Seeds
- Red amaranth
- With a mandolin or a vegetable peeler, slice cucumbers lengthwise, as thin as possible.
- Mix with salt and sugar and let cure overnight.
- The next day, drain the cucumbers of excess water.
- Roll cucumbers slices, vertically, into roses, allowing the end of each slice of cucumber to overlap with the next.
- 5. In a jar or a bowl, vigorously mix all the ingredients for the vinaigrette. Season to taste.
- To serve, dress each cucumber roll with the vinaigrette, perilla seeds, and red amaranth. Serve cold.
© 2018, Gotham Grove